Volunteer with St John Ambulance
As a volunteer you can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved.
If you are 18 years old and over, energetic and committed to putting the needs of others first, volunteering for St John Ambulance might be for you.
There are a variety of ways in which you could volunteer, depending on the time and commitment you wish to give and in what area you wish to focus, to best utilise your skills.
Here are some of the opportunities available
- Become a full (uniformed) member and be one of a team of trained first aiders at events. You do not need to have any previous first aid knowledge to join as a member, full training is given, although if you do have first aid knowledge you will certainly have the opportunity to use it and develop your skills further.
- Become a Youth Leader. All our youth groups – Badgers (7 to 10 year olds) and Cadets (10 to 18) – are run by volunteers who undertake an initial training programme to become a SJA Youth Leader. So if you have a flair for working with young people, this might be the role for you. Our youth groups run on week day evenings, term time only.
- Be a Youth Group Helper. Our youth groups have ‘helpers’ to assist the Youth Leader with the running of the groups, so if you would like to work with young people but do not want the responsibility of being a Youth Leader, perhaps you might like to be a ‘Youth Helper’.
- Volunteers for Competitions. We look for volunteers to act as casualties at local competitions, where our youth and adult members enter. The casualties act out a given scenario for the members to treat while being observed and marked. This would be on an ad-hoc basis and if you were interested in acting as a casualty and do not want a regular commitment then this may be for you.
There are many other ways you can volunteer for SJA giving just a few hours occasionally to being a regular member. For more information or to discuss any of these opportunities call 507809 and speak to Wendy Buckley, the Marketing and Training Manager or email email@example.com
If you're under 18 years old, you can still become part of the team at St John Ambulance.
- Cover Sheet - Deputy Bailiwick Commission Operations - Jan 2016 (33 kb) - click to download
- Deputy Commissioner Operations (58 kb) - click to download
- Cover Sheet - Deputy Bailiwick Commissioner Youth Jan 2016 (33 kb) - click to download
- Deputy Commissioner Youth (59 kb) - click to download
- Minutes Secretary (146 kb) - click to download
- Youth Leaders for Cadets and Badgers (36 kb) - click to download
- Youth Membership Secretary (147 kb) - click to download